1 Euro ≈ 4.3 PLN (21/08/19)
To Będlewo from Poznań
We will organize a complimentary shuttle from the Poznań Główny Railway Station (in downtown Poznań) on October 13th and back on October 18th. On October 13th, we plan to have a large coach (leaving around 6PM), and a small minibus to accommodate for late arrivals (leaving around 9PM, the minibus will not make it for the dinner). Departure times on October 18th will be established during the workshop according to participants’ needs.
If taking the shuttle is not compatible with your schedule, we recommend taking a taxi (120 PLN if preordered through Będlewo Palace, up to 160 PLN otherwise).
We recommend arriving at Poznań–Ławica Henryk Wieniawski Airport (POZ) located 5km west of downtown Poznań, 20-30 minutes bus ride away from the main railway station (bus no. 159, ticket price 5 PLN; 3 to 4 departures per hour; see schedule). The Poznań airport has multiple daily flights from Warsaw (LOT Polish Airlines), Frankfurt, and Munich (Lufthansa). SAS flies from Copenhagen 6 times a week, and budget airlines (Ryanair and Wizzair) serve multiple destinations across Europe.
You may also consider flying to one of the following airports (order by passenger traffic) and taking a train (or intercity bus) to Poznań. The travel times vary between 3 and 4 hours.
- Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL): about 3:30 with a TXL bus to Berlin Hauptbahnhof and an express train to Poznań Główny
- Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW): about 3:15 with a local train to Warszawa Zachodnia (Warsaw West) and an express train to Poznań Główny
- Berlin Schönefeld Airport (SXF): about 3:45 with a local train to Berlin Hauptbahnhof and an express train to Poznań Główny, or with a direct FlixBus bus
- Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport (GDN): about 4:00 with a local bus or train to Gdańsk Wrzeszcz and an intercity train to Poznań Główny
- Copernicus Airport Wrocław (WRO): about 3:00 with a local bus to Wrocław Mikołajów and an intercity train to Poznań Główny
- Warsaw Modlin Airport (WMO): about 4:00 with a local bus or train to Warszawa Centralna and an express train to Poznań Główny
- Bydgoszcz Ignacy Jan Paderewski Airport (BZG): about 2:30 with a local bus to Bydgoszcz Główna and an intercity train to Poznań Główny
Google Maps is generally helpful in planning a multimodal trip as it covers both intercity trains and local transport in most Polish cities. The official train schedule can be found at http://rozklad.pkp.pl/en, which will redirect you to an appropriate carrier for online ticket sales. https://jakdojade.pl/ provides comprehensive route planner for local transport, with online ticket sales through their mobile app in most Polish cities (including Poznań).
If you arrive to Poznań several hours before the shuttle bus departs, you may leave your luggage in one of the lockers on the station and take a walk to the city center.
Poland is a part of Schengen Area, which has a uniform visa policy among its member states. Please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for more details. Please contact us if you need a visa support letter.